1. Download the upgrade package version 04.09.04 to PC.
2. Unzip package version 04.09.04.
3. Copy all unzipped files to the Root of my DotNetNuke application (It takes me 60 min. I used Ace FTP2 Pro – client and Cable Internet connection).
4. RenameOld web.config file to web.config.[date].resources and new release.config file to web.config.
5. Edit new web.config file. (Open web.config and web.config.[date].resources files in Text Editor. I used VS2008 Editor). It’s necessary edit the following fields (by copying from Old web.config.[date].resources file) of the new web.config file:
- 2 Sql connection strings (Copy "SiteSqlServer" line under <connectionStrings> from Old to New; Copy "SiteSqlServer" line under <appSettings> from Old to New ).
- Machinekey (under <system.web>).
- Optionally make any other custom changes you had in your old web.config.
6. Save the new web.config
7. Browse to your site, it will automatically upgrade.
if you want to prevent visits to your site while you are upgrading, you can do the following:
before copying the upgrade files to your site, put a file called "App_Offline.htm" in the root of your dnn installation, this will take the application offline (see here for more info: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/ ... 26755.aspx )
Change the AutoUpgrade value to False (under appsettings in web.config). This will prevent the dnn autoupgrade feature.
You can manually start the upgrade by browsing to this url: http://[yourdomain]/install/install.aspx?mode=install
Comments on this are welcome, but please no discussion!
Forum focuses on different issues of DotNetNuke Content Management System (VB.NET) using.
1 post • Page 1 of 1