The first Domain using Plesk control panel.
Plesk control panel:
1. Creating new client (Contact Name: Some Name Login: somepw).
2. Adding new domain www.FirstDomain.info and assigned IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
3. Setting up DNS for my Domain (GoDaddy>DOMAIN MANAGER>Domain Name "FirstDomain.info"):
3.1. Creating and registration 2 domain hosts using GoGaddy.com account manager (My Account > DOMAIN MANAGER: Host Summary > add) NS1.FirstDomain.info (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and NS2.FirstDomain.info (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Click "Add New A Record " and complete the following:
a) Enter FirstDomain.info to the "Host Name" box.
b) Enter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the "Points to IP Address" box
c) Box "TTL" leave without changing
Wait "up to 48 hours for propagation "
While you have successfully registered your own nameservers, your domain is not pointed at them. It is currently pointed at Go Daddy's nameservers (NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM) and has two different primary A records. This will cause problems with DNS resolution for the domain. I would recommend that you point the domain at the nameservers you created (NS1.FirstDomain.info and NS2.FirstDomain.info) so that Plesk can manage the DNS settings for it:
3.2. Assign the Name Servers to my Domains (My Account > DOMAIN MANAGER: Nameservers > Set Nameservers: I checked " I have specific nameservers for my domains" Checkbox).
(Total DNS: "Not hosted here" if checked "I have specific nameservers for my domains " )
1) Go to the Domain Manager in your Go Daddy account.
2) Click on FirstDomain.info.
3) Click the Nameservers (Set Nameservers) button from the row of buttons across the top of the domain's settings page.
4) Select I host my domains with another provider (I have specific nameservers for my domains) and delete the nameservers listed under Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2.
5) Enter NS1.FirstDomain.info and NS2.FirstDomain.info in those fields and click the orange OK button.
Note: This type of change is made almost immediately within our own systems, but can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate across the internet.
If you are going to host multiple domains on your server:
- you can create a set of nameservers for each one, or
- you can create one set (i.e. if you have a "primary" domain name) and then point all of the other domains at those nameservers.
4. Modifying Zone file for my domain (A and NS records) (Plesk)
I have reviewed your DNS settings, and I do not see an A record for your domain. You will need to create a new record of type A host FirstDomain.info and IP address of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Follow these directions to properly configure NS and A records for your domain's nameservers in Plesk:
1) Log into Plesk as the "admin" user.
2) Select "Domains" from the menu on the left.
3) Click directly on the domain name in question.
4) Click on the "DNS Settings" icon under the "Web Site" section on the right.
5) Click on the "Add Record" icon under the "Tools" section.
6) Enter "ns1" in the "Enter domain name" field, and your server's IP address in the "Enter IP address" field. Click the "OK" button to save the new A record.
7) Repeat the previous step to create an entry for "ns2" using your server's IP.
8) Click on the "Add Record" icon again, but this time change the "Record Type" from "A" to "NS". Leave the "Enter domain name" field blank and put "ns1.yourdomain.com" (replacing "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name) in the "Enter nameserver" field. Click the "OK" button to save the new NS record.
9) Repeat the previous step to create an NS record for "ns2.yourdomain.com" (again, replacing "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name).
10) Click the "Update" button in the yellow box at the top of the DNS settings page to save the changes.
After a review of your 'FirstDomain.info' domain's DNS settings, it was found that the 'A' record for 'FirstDomain.info' did not exist within your DNS.
I have added the 'A' record pointing 'earthhotspot.info' to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
and also added the 'WWW' CNAME for 'FirstDomain.info' as well.
This will take up to 24 hours to complete the DNS update but have confirmed by updating my local computer's host file with this information that it will be set up successfully once the DNS has updated.
Рассматриваются вопросы работы с виртуальным, выделенным веб сервером с использованием панели управления Plesk.
1 post • Page 1 of 1